• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export couldn't be written

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting photos from the lightroom there is an error "the export operations were not performed

the file could not be written ". ????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched your post and change the title to be descriptive of the problem you are having.

The problem is because the drive and or folder you have selected in the Export dialog to save the exported image to does not have the proper permissions for your user name.

You need to either change the permissions on that folder, giving both Read & Write permissions for your username.

Or select a different folder that your username does have both read & write permissions to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the maс system. I'm using an administrator account. This error occurs when you export any folder. I think the problem is not this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot of both the Full LR window, the Library module, and of the Full Export dialog box. you can expand the export dialog window and you can collapse the Video and watermarking sections so the full export dialog window can be shown.

Like this for the export dialog window.

Export Dialog Full Screen 1.PNG

And like this for the LR Library module.

LR Win Full.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nadia_buzhan  wrote

I'm using the maс system. I'm using an administrator account. This error occurs when you export any folder. I think the problem is not this.

Using an Admin account doesn't really mean much. There are still many folders on your Mac that your username does not have access to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Снимок экрана 2018-02-09 в 23.55.40.pngСнимок экрана 2018-02-09 в 23.56.10.pngСнимок экрана 2018-02-09 в 23.56.19.pngСнимок экрана 2018-02-09 в 23.56.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to export to an external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, on the computer's disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please open Finder, browse to the Macintosh HD/Users/nadia/Desktop then Right click on it and select Get Info.

You will see a dialog box like this.

Mac Get Info.PNG

At the bottom make sure your username is listed and that it has Read & Write Privileges. If not you can change it so it does.

A google search for Change Permissions on a folder in OS X will give you all the info on how to do that. It's very simple.

But the Desktop folder is not the best place to store exported images. They will all show on your Mac Desktop and even possibly covering up other icons on your desktop.

You should create a folder specifically for exporting images to or in the Export dialog window select to store them with the originals.

Also you are selecting to resize the images with Width & Height but you are not specifying the height. So basically you want your exported images to be 1200 pixels wide with NO height. LR can't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access is everywhere.

Thanks for the detailed instructions! But nothing helps

Снимок экрана 2018-02-10 в 1.58.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting to some other folder than the desktop and see what happens.

Have you tried filling in the height field? It has to be in the same aspect ratio as the original image or to whatever crop aspect ratio you have used. 3:2 4:3 16:9.

1200 x 800, 1200 x 900, 1200 x 675

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to export to another folder, it does not help. Filled the height field. It does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you restarted your Mac?

I also notice there are some question marks on some of the folders shown in one of your screen shots of thew Library module Folders section. Not that those question marks have anything to do with your current problem but they always mean something isn't right with your catalog and the images you have imported.

LR is showing you are using 20.5 GBs of the 121 GBs available on the Macintosh HD and as far as I know OS X and the standard programs installed on a Mac uses almost if not more than that amount of space.

Can you make any adjustments to those images in the Develop module? Can you export any images?

Go to the Apple logo in the upper right and click on it and select About this Mac and then whatever you have to to get to the drive info.

Check that you actually have free hard drive space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the permissions on that folder, giving both Read & Write permissions for my username.  This started when I upgrade mac system to sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You Right click on the folder and select Get Info.

You will see a dialog box like this.

Mac Get Info.PNG

you have to click the Lock icon at the bottom and type in your OS X Admin password then the Plus sign to add your username to the list and give it Read and Write permissions.

If your username is already there and has Read & Write permissions then check the top level folder, the folder that is above that folder, for the proper permissions.

If you find the top level folder doesn't have the proper permissions then add your username. Click the Gear icon and select what is shown below.

Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 8.47.01 PM.png

For further an possibly more detailed instructions Google Change drive, folder and file permissions in OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines