• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant art object reference

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to get some kind of constant art object ref/id, that can be used to get art handle between illustrator app sessions.

For example, i want to store reference to object, to document dictionary, so when i reopen saved document, i can get art handle of my object from dictionary. Is there some way to do that?

I have tried to save uidrefref entries: AIEntryRef entry = sAIEntry->FromUIDREF(artUIDRefRef) but looks like they are always new after document close/open. Or maybe i am doing something wrong.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my understanding that handle values are pointers (actually pointers to pointers) to locations in memory, and therefore would almost never have the same value in more than one session. I wrote some scripts that refer back to certain items over many sessions, and they work by attaching a tag to the object of interest. Hope that helps. -- rj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem was caused by DictKey instances, that were for some reason automatically deleted, when key string starts with hyphen. Can't find anithyng in the docs, about such behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines