5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2018 12:48 AM by petrasek

Wrong colors in CC programs

petrasek Level 1

Hi,

I try to find solution for this situation, but I don't. After last update of Adobe CC programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom...) show me colors that look like with less saturation than it's real.

color2.PNG

color1.PNG

I will show only Ps and Lr, but it's same for others.

• 2. Re: Wrong colors in CC programs
          D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Photoshop has full color management, Windows "Photos" has not.

There is nothing unexpected here. What you're seeing is the difference between a color managed application, using your monitor profile to remap into your monitor's native color space, thus representing the file correctly - and one that just sends the original data through without any correction.

Provided your monitor profile is valid, Photoshop is right and Windows Photos is wrong.

1 person found this helpful
          • 3. Re: Wrong colors in CC programs
            petrasek Level 1

I don't think so, because this issue happened after update, so colors were more vivid before on v. 2017. And also, It's happened not only in PS but other programs too, and if I put same photo or picture to Photoshop on different computer it look more vivid than on mine. And right now, when I want to chose color in Photoshop (or other Adobe program) I can't see whole color palet, I just can't get some colors that I can before.

colors.PNG

• 4. Re: Wrong colors in CC programs
              D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

OK. As I said, "as long as you have a valid monitor profile". Yours is apparently broken, and the likely reason for that is a defective manufacturer profile distributed through Windows Update. This is a fairly common problem.

Photoshop uses whatever monitor profile the OS tells it to use. If it's defective, the wrong values get sent to the monitor.

A monitor profile has only one requirement and one purpose: it needs to be an accurate description of the monitor's actual, current response. That's it. But a lot of monitor/laptop manufacturers can't seem to get this right, don't ask me why.

This is why people buy and use calibrators. But until then, you can use a generic profile such as sRGB IEC61966-2.1. It won't be entirely accurate, but is usually close enough for most.

Displayprofile_10_2.png

Remember to relaunch the application when done, it needs to load the profile at startup.

1 person found this helpful
              • 5. Re: Wrong colors in CC programs
                petrasek Level 1

It work! Thank you so much