• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard size warning spam

Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I make an artboard, it allows me to make it, and then when I try and switch to any other tool, it starts freaking out, spamming me with "invalid size, value must be between 1% and 32,000%" (by the way, it's always between 100% and 3,000%, so nowhere close where the warning is) and I have to click the OK button 5-20 times to get the warning to disappear. After that, it works fine. Sometimes it resizes and breaks the artboard, but normally it just leaves it exactly how it is and how I wanted it. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen capture of your workspace with the warning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply, here is a screenshot right after I switched to the move tool. It automatically changed my width value to 1% from 3,000 some percent. From here, I click the OK button 9 times, and then it looks like the second picture.

Artboard.JPG

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the two smaller boxes inside of artboards 1 & 2? They look like smaller nested artboards which doesn’t make sense. I’m not sure if this is your problem or not.

The options bar at the top of the first screen capture shows the width is only 1%. This is causing the message. Interestingly the properties panel doesn’t match the options bar. They usually always match. Try changing the artboards dimensions to pixels instead of percentage in the properties panel. What are the pixel dimensions for the selected artboard? Does the options bar match the property panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are just storyboards, they're layers inside of the artboards.

I changed it to pixels by selecting Android instead, and once I did that, the properties window matched the options bar. The thing that was saying 1% didn't say 1% until after I clicked the move tool. It was 3,100% before. After I switched to move, it said it needs to be between 1% and 32,000%, and then changed the percent to 1. After clicking OK the first time, it changed the other percent to 1 as well. It never matched the properties window until I changed it to pixels. I'll probably just report it as a bug, because even if it was the sizing issue in percent, the values that I had after converting the layers to an artboard were still within the specified range, so the error message should not have happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that the error message along with the % setting is probably a bug. Did changing the dimensions to pixels instead of percentage fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it did. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines