Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient overlay not covering entire shape

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm making a flowerpot design on Photoshop CC 2018, and I'm trying to add a gradient overlay to colour it. When I enter the gradient, it covers all the selected part but a peice of the bottom. I'm adding a gradient as a recctangle, then pressing ALT between the gradient layer and the flowerpot base layer. I have tried increasing the size of the rectabgle before adding the gradient to it, but no luck. Attatched are some screenshots to better illustrate my problem.

Thank you for your help!

gradient help 1.pnggradient help 2.pnggradient help 3.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see the layers above the gradient layer, are you sure you don't have some layer above it that is causing that? I didn't seem to have a problem with the gradient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these all the layers?  If not we need to see the entire layers panel.

It might be useful to see the Layer Styles window as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I took a closer look at the layer panel, and a layer which has an oval underneath the base rectange(also the part which was not being coloured) was causing the problem. I put the oval on the same layer as the base rectangle, then put a gradient overlay layer. Thank you for your help! Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines