• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to change default page

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2009 Jan 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to RoboHelp and new to this forum, so thank you in advance for any and all help! How do I make a topic in RoboHelp my default page on my website?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of help are you creating? Web help or HTML help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, ILT

Are you wanting to take a RoboHelp WebHelp project and use that for your web site? Or are you instead just wanting to create a page using RoboHelp as the editor, then use that page as the landing page for your site?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RH to create information for a company wide 'Resource Center'. So it pretty much is a web help project. It contains tons of topics and the end result is a website to assist our employees with questions they may have while on the phone. It defaults to a weird page...I would like to make a title page with my contact information, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Here is why I was asking. There are two different processes you might be interested in depending on what you are wanting to do.

If you were attempting to use a WebHelp output for your site, you would be interested in naming the WebHelp start page index.htm. The WebHelp start page is listed in the first field of the dialog you see when you click File > Generate Primary Layout (and your primary layout is configured for WebHelp).

But if you were to use RoboHelp to create an HTML page and you just wanted to use the HTML page for your web page, you would be interested in naming that page index.htm and copying just that page (and any supporting files) to your web server.

So it's not as simple as just "do this" and you are golden.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp