• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Collection CS3 - Some small but important things do not work.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the coursers in Photoshop.  I get a tiny + and - on either side of a unrecognizable something.

In Dreamweaver the select dropper for background color does not work.

May be others but still exploring.

Tried different mouse, etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

sure you can.  you just need the new installation file(s) and the new serial number.

but if you're going to do that, properly uninstall first:

use the uninstaller/control panel to uninstall (if you have the option, remove preferences, too)

clean per Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

restart your computer

reinstall using compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have an incompatible (ie, newer) os or screen resolution, you can expect problems when using old software like cs3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kglad.  Windows 7 Pro.  Ran great before my mother board crashed.  Tried to reinstall CS3 but had to download it from Adobe (couldn't use my CDs or key). They sent me a new key. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your best bet was to install using compatibility mode (xp sp2).

at this point, you could try resetting preferences for the dreamweaver issue. if you have a font problem causing the display problem with ps, restting its preferences may help too.  but if the ps problem is because you have a high res display, that won't help.

to reset your preferences -

dreamweaver:  https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

photoshop:  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver Problem fixed.

Photoshop no so much.  Tried your fixes.  I don't think the files (the slicer tool graphic, for example) are there.  The tools graphics are not right for the slicer tool and from there down.    All the tools have something like this:  + = -.   I don't guess I could uninstall and then reinstall in XP sp2 mode with the key that adobe sent me? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure you can.  you just need the new installation file(s) and the new serial number.

but if you're going to do that, properly uninstall first:

use the uninstaller/control panel to uninstall (if you have the option, remove preferences, too)

clean per Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

restart your computer

reinstall using compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense to remove preferences, also.  That may be why it didn't install correctly in the first place. I had tried to install form my old CDs and number first. I deleted the installation but din't remove preferences.  I'll try t.  Thank you very much for your help in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome, and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines