• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Devices List

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import to Lightroom from my camera memory card which always is listed as "No Name".  Just recently other devices have been showing up in the list, repeated multiple times.  These include my time capsule, VM and a couple of other strange ones.  I suspect this may have something to do with sync, but I will never be importing from these and would like to remove them.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Restart your Mac and check the list.

The source/device list in the import dialog window, the left hand panel, will list all drives connected to your Mac. Even a networked drive if you have mounted it in Finder.

If you don't want a drive to show there disconnect it from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your Mac and check the list.

The source/device list in the import dialog window, the left hand panel, will list all drives connected to your Mac. Even a networked drive if you have mounted it in Finder.

If you don't want a drive to show there disconnect it from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you; that seems to have worked! How do I disconnect it from my system.  If I do that, is it now longer connected to my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen shot of the import window.

Restarting your Mac will remove the extra, ghost, drives from the list. This is a bug in OS X.

As for your Time machine, Time Capsule, drive if it shows up in Finder it will show up in the Source, Device, list in the LR import window.

There is nothing you can do about that. LR lists all drives in that area so you can select them and import images from them if you want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I don't mind having it listed, but It was listed about ten times.  Anyway, they all disappeared when I restarted my computer, so I'm happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your mac and they will be gone. This is a Mac OS X bug where it doesn't cleanly unmount disks including the time machine volume. You should be able to see the same disks in Disk Utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines