Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE not rendering Photoshop files

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

I made a multi-layer file in Photoshop and imported it into After Effects to do some mask animations and such on each layer. (import>composition-retain layer sizes) 

Now when I go to render I get a warning and the render fails:

"Warning: undo mismatch will attempt to fix"

Specs:

PC (new)

AE CC 2015

PS CC 2015

The PS file is in RGB mode.

is it because I have copied the layers out of the original PS Comp?

I just cleared my cache and restarted the computer; any and all help would be aprechiated!

Many Thanks,

K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Thanks for the two replies!

Exporting as a TIFF sequence or Quicktime (I was trying both) in the Render Queue. I managed to resolve the problem by re-Importing the images.  The only clue I have so far is that when I first imported the images in they showed up as 1 Frame, blue (instead of purple), and I had to time-stretch them to extend their timelines (never a good sign). I think perhaps I imported them initially as Footage which somehow retained their composition-retain layer sizes. Though I a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-imported the photoshop image and the layer colors are purple and not blue (sorry, true novice here). Now it exports just fine, but I want to know what might've happened if anyone has any idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting using the Render Queue or using Adobe Media Encoder?

• If using the Render Queue, what Render Setting are you using and what Output Module settings are you using?
  • if using Adobe Media Encoder, what Format and Preset are you using?

What are the Image settings of your Photoshop document?  For example, is it RGB color mode at 8 bits/channel or is it CMKY color mode at 8 bits/channel?  Or is it RGB or CMYK at 16 bits/channel?

Going with RGB at 8 bpc or 16 bpc is more likely to yield expected results in AE than going with CMYK.

Is there a Color Profile assigned to the document?  For example, is it set to "Don't manage" or "sRGB" or "Rec.709"?

What is the Working Space Color Settings set to in the After Effects project?  For example, is it set to "None" or "SRGB" or "Rec.709"?

Ideally, these should match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... just saw that you indicated that your files are RGB color mode.  So, RBG/CMYK isn't a possible issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How goes it, K? Did you solve your issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the two replies!

Exporting as a TIFF sequence or Quicktime (I was trying both) in the Render Queue. I managed to resolve the problem by re-Importing the images.  The only clue I have so far is that when I first imported the images in they showed up as 1 Frame, blue (instead of purple), and I had to time-stretch them to extend their timelines (never a good sign). I think perhaps I imported them initially as Footage which somehow retained their composition-retain layer sizes. Though I am not sure why importing the files as Footage would have given me this error.

Kind thanks for taking a look at this query!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you had inadvertently imported the Photoshop file as a Photoshop Sequence.

This happens if you drag and drop a folder with still images into the Project tab or check the "Sequence" checkbox in the import options after selecting a still image format.

-Warren

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 2.29.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines