• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This file was created with a newer version of Adobe XD" but I have the latest version?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague sent a file over and I tried to open it. We are on the same versions. I got the "You are all up to date" confirmation after checking the in app menu, and am on this version:

What could be wrong? Why can't I open his file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Hi Preran

Thanks for the assistance. I did a uninstall from the CC app, and reinstalled the application. My version seems to be updated now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just sent you a private message.

Corrinna

Quality Developer Adobe Experience Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to circle back on this issue, we confirmed offline that the file was, indeed, created with a newer version of XD. Thanks!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. When the beta version updates will I then be able to open this? I

don't want to ask the author to uninstall his prerelease version, install

the current beta, just for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your collaborator should be able to run prerelease and beta versions on his machine at the same time. He should be authoring in the beta if he's planning to share with anyone (as we write in the prerelease release notes). If he has specific questions, you can direct him to the prerelease forums.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll bug him for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! I really hate Adobe but forced to use it for college. Obviously Balsamiq is a much better wireframe product, that doesn't have versions of their software that generates files that nobody else can open. To make matters worse they bought out Macromedia who has superior software and either jettisoned their titles or updated them into trash. Adobe is a terrible company. I can't complete my homework because of this BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you had the same problem as in someone sent you a file from a newer version of XD that only they have access to?  That doesn't seem like a bug in the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem...trying to open an student's XD file. On my Macbook Pro, it simply won't open , saying the file was created in a newer version. I was also trying to get one of the Adobe UI kits yesterday and that wouldn't open either.  I go into the CC app and it says I have the latest update. If I go to About XD it says I have version 2.0.32.10, CC sync 2.4.3.114.

Now I jumped to my iMac desktop which was recently reformatted and I just installed XD CC fresh. It DOES open the student file without error. Here it says I have version 4.0.12.6, CC sync 2.4.4.71.

What's the problem here staff ? What do I do to get this to work on my laptop? Seems like my CC app is not giving me the latest/greatest.

ps. the comment about Macromedia of all things cracked me up... 13 years ago! lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m guessing you already selected “Check for App Updates.” Is your account associated with an enterprise account? If so, it’s possible your IT administrator has chosen to control which version is available to you, and hasn’t updated it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I clicked Check for App Updates and also closed and reinstalled the CC app. I have full control over the CC application and what is installed there as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had some weirdness involved in a past enterprise (education) account on this computer before with Lightroom that caused me all kinds of grief. Working with these folks I uninstalled everything and purchased a full regular individual account and that stuff has been working fine since. Perhaps there is some residual junk in there causing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me the URL of this post, the Adobe ID associated with your account, your location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Preran

Thanks for the assistance. I did a uninstall from the CC app, and reinstalled the application. My version seems to be updated now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines