Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Delete Green Screen in a watch folder

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reading my question. I’ll try to be brief, yet descriptive and I appreciate your time in advance with any help!

• I will be taking pictures with a Green Screen background.
  • After the picture is taken I will be uploading the photo to a watch folder.
  • I would like an Adobe Product (possibly Light Room) to monitor this watch folder. When a photo arrives, process and remove the Green Screen background, covert to a .PNG file and upload to an FTP directory.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Lightroom cannot deal with green screen compositing. You need Photoshop for that. Unfortunately, outside of Lightroom, there is no Adobe product that can watch a folder as far as I know. All Lightroom can do with a watched folder is to automatically import the files, nothing else. It is possible to script Photoshop from outside using tools like Apple's automator or a shell script combined with Photoshop droplets or batch actions which could indeed watch a folder and do everything you are describ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom cannot deal with green screen compositing. You need Photoshop for that. Unfortunately, outside of Lightroom, there is no Adobe product that can watch a folder as far as I know. All Lightroom can do with a watched folder is to automatically import the files, nothing else. It is possible to script Photoshop from outside using tools like Apple's automator or a shell script combined with Photoshop droplets or batch actions which could indeed watch a folder and do everything you are describing, but this is quite advanced and will take quite some programming. Simplest might be a droplet that you simply drag files on or use an external batch utility to run on your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines