Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action Sets Glitching

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, all,

I created a set of Actions using the Photoshop CC 2017 version.  I have had several friends with the same version of PS test my actions and on the layers in which I used the paint bucket to dump a color over the photo with the blend mode in soft light, are just coming up as empty layers for them, i.e. no color.  The really frustrating thing is that it works perfectly for some, and not at all for others, and I can't figure out how to fix it.  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

I’d just use a solid color fill adjustment layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post  your Action.  If you can save the action set and upload the .ATN file an post a link to it.  If you don't want to do that capture the Action pallet with the action set steps fully expanded so we can see what you recorded in you action.  We need to see all steps. Most actions have some dependences they will not work on every document you play them on., 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 5.11.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you are scaling Photoshop's UI 2x.  That what you posted is onle part of the action with some of the steps expanded.  The first thing  I see that look like it could be a problem is the expanded Fill step.  How did you record that step?  I was expecting you to have recorded a  simple menu Edit>Fill instead you use the Paint Bucket tool and touched a point  nearly 5" into the canvas.  Depending on the document Size and resolution  the action is plated on that could potentionally be a problem.  Post the resy of you action seo we can see it. If you use the paint bucket click in the top left cornor of the document recording the step.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d just use a solid color fill adjustment layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, guys! The way I was doing the fill was the problem. Appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After you record an action you should always ecpand the action fully and read what has been recorded and edit step steps the may cause problems.  It is also a goou idea to test the action on some test doculemts. Single step through the action watch each step execution.  When satisfided it is good save the action set for safe keeping.

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips

Contains

Example

Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines