• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get reinstalled Acrobat Pro XI for Macintosh to work?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Acrobat Pro XI on my new computer and keep getting a message that says my serial number is valid (it is) but a qualifying product can't be found (which is ridiculous since I only get that message when I try to launch Acrobat Pro).  How do I get this thing to work?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your license is for an upgrade version.

when starting your installation you're prompted for your xi serial number.  when the installer fails to find a qualifying product (ie, previous version) installed, you will be presented with a dropdown of possible qualifying products.  select the one you own.  you will then be asked to enter the qualifying products serial number.

enter the correct number at the correct time and installation will proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previous version was Acrobat Pro 9 - which I deleted years ago and no longer have a serial number for.  So what the heck do I do?  Adobe apparently has no record of that purchase or its serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you lose the serial number you typically lose the use of the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's pretty silly - I had to supply the previous serial number to get the serial number for the upgrade to AP XI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have 3 ways to recover a serial number that you once had:

1. if you purchased from or registered with adobe (automatically done with cs6):,

a. you can check your account, https://accounts.adobe.com

b. you can check with adobe support* (be prepared to give the email address used when registering purchasing)

2. if your adobe program is installed on another computer you can recover its serial number from that computer, (win:) http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html, (mac:)  https://mac-product-key-finder.com/

3. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unusual. For many years Adobe have sold their upgrades as just open sales, and relied on serial checking on each install. Maybe you dealt with a reseller who did things differently. A big warning that you need to keep the serial would be a good thing, especially in the case where it finds the older product already installed (and hence, doesn't check the serial).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to kglad and Test Screen Name for the help - after hours of searching I finally found a file that had the AP 9 serial number so all is now good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

p.s. secure those numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines