Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete Anchor Point Shortcut (CC 2018)

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In Photoshop CC 2018 Is there a shortcut for the Delete Anchor Point tool? I swear it used to be Alt + Click whilst you had the pen tool selected, I understand Alt + Drag changes the handle type, but pretty sure just Alt + clicking used to delete it?

Cheers

Jonny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

I'm pretty sure you would just hover over the anchor point and the pen tool would change. However, check your Options bar to see if the Auto Add/Delete option is enabled--it might have been turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you would just hover over the anchor point and the pen tool would change. However, check your Options bar to see if the Auto Add/Delete option is enabled--it might have been turned off.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an Auto Add/delete option in the tools option bar that make it  easy.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! You are right about the auto add / delete, I hadn't noticed it was there.

However, I was also getting confused because the pen tool now defaults to the new curvature pen tool which does not have that option/ checkbox or the ability to remove anchor points without switching to another tool type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines