• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop tool pointer disappears on LG UltraFine 5k

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 2017 with my new MacBook Pro and LG UltraFine 5k display.

As I use the brush-tools the tool pointer (mouse pointer) keeps diasappering as I draw. Annoying.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the OS System Preference for changing the system mouse size. Go to Apple>System Preferences - choose the Accessibility icon and in the Display area, you'll see the ability to change the Cursor size. Please note - it won't change the actual pixel size of a brush - when you paint, the icon'll be bigger than the pixels you brush - but at least you'll be able to see the cursor. It takes a bit of getting-used-to.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have have the same issue and will try the suggestion below of enlarging the cursor arrow size. However, in addition, when I'm using my Adobe software, it will also frequently cause the screen to go full black. The LG UltraFine Display will return if I hit escape or click the cursor outside of the Adobe file. It's quite annoying. I only have this cursor and black screen problem with Adobe. These problems do not occur when I am just using my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally broke down and upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and both the problem with the cursor and the screen going black went away. It seems that the problem was with the Acrobat Pro X version and the discontinuation of support by Adobe. All solved on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines