Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Handler of component is invalid -> ReferenceError: guidelib is not defined

Level 3

Hi,

I'm getting this JavaScript error in the page edit mode in chrome:

Handler of component is invalid -> ReferenceError: guidelib is not defined

I can't see any problems with the page other than this so it doesn't seem to be breaking anything but obviously it would be better for the editors not to see this warning display at the top of the edit mode window:

An error occurred, please check the browser console for more details.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Karl

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I was facing the same issue. Someone from my team included adaptive form component "Button".  I removed it from the page and it worked fine.

Hope it helps.

-MNSH

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

You need to provide a lot more details for the community to be able to provide assistance.

Is the component an out of the box component ? If so - which one?

Are you using JSP or HTL.

WHat version of AEM are you using.

Can you please provide steps on how to reproduce this. 

Level 3

I use a mixture of JSP and HTL.

I can't see what component is causing it but it is happening on the Geometrixx sites too.

I am using 6.2.

There isn't really any steps to reproduce this because I haven't touched the Geometrixx stuff.

Correct answer by
Level 4

I was facing the same issue. Someone from my team included adaptive form component "Button".  I removed it from the page and it worked fine.

Hope it helps.

-MNSH

Level 1

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but can anyone explain why the button component would cause this error? Is it something which is either not fit for purpose and should be avoided?

Level 1

Hi,

I am using adaptive form component on my page and i am also getting this error. Can someone help me how can we remove these errors.

Level 3

Someone has marked an answer as correct but its not really an answer and they're just ignoring everything else now by the looks.

Level 2

I am facing the same issue after installing forms in 6.5 AEM environment. Is there any progress on this, please.

Level 2

I use 6.4 and I observed that issue ('guidelib' is not defined) occurs only in Edge in touch UI mode. I don't see any error in classic UI mode. Checked in Chrome, Firefox and IE. It looks fine in all of these 3 browsers in both the modes.