• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu system doesn't work

Advisor ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the top menu and choose something that has the right pointed arrow next to it, instead of opening the sub content on the right side of the menu as it should it opens to the left. What's that all about?

Is this a 4K display issue cause after I got a 4K display alot of stuff is acting weird. The UI scaling in all the adobe apps are terrible too. I'm on Windows 10. Don't know if this has something to do with my menu issue or not but wanted to mention it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

This person has posted the same question (three separate posts) in the InDesign forum and has received some good advice and in response has posted:

"I'm sorry I'm too busy to be able to read all the different posts thats coming in."

And now he's posting the same question on this forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What version of PS do you have, UI scaling for high density monitors has been improved in the latest version of PS

More info

Photoshop Releases Version 19.1 With Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Dens...

Do you use a Wacom Tablet that's set to left handed, I use a Wacom Intuos pro and this happens to me the menus open on the left side but I think that's normal behaviour

Have you tried resetting PS preferences

Untitled.jpg

Failing that you could try re-installing PS using the Creative Cleaner Tool

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This person has posted the same question (three separate posts) in the InDesign forum and has received some good advice and in response has posted:

"I'm sorry I'm too busy to be able to read all the different posts thats coming in."

And now he's posting the same question on this forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek

Just seen that post, looks like the OP is to busy to read the useful help he's been given there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For your information the Windows 10 rescaling system affects each Adobe application differently and the scaling within each Adobe application works individually. They are not the same. So I don't see how this post is the same as another post that's about rescaling for 4K inside InDesign, or Dreamweaver. In InDesign the high dpi monitor rescaling creates different errors and the InDesign post addresses this. It's a different set of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines