• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush still doesn't work after reset

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to do a touch up I have done a hundred times before, but when I go to paint in the effect, nothing happens.

I am touching up dark circles under eyes using the the technique in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lL8XUUWg_Q

Following the steps as I always have, when I paint in the lighter skin tone, nothing happens.

I have checked opacity, flow, reset the brush ... nothing. Closed out Photoshop, restarted the computer, nothing. The caps lock isn't on. I don't know what else to check.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

I figured it out just minutes ago. The foreground and background colors spontaneously flip on occasion. It's fine for a while, then it's not. Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshots? You might be painting on a mask or have the blend mode of your brush set incorrectly or the blendmode of the layer - could be many things.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out just minutes ago. The foreground and background colors spontaneously flip on occasion. It's fine for a while, then it's not. Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

furchgott  wrote

............. The foreground and background colors spontaneously flip on occasion...................

Any chance you have intentionally or unintentionally pressed the X key, which flips foreground and background colours,  at any time whilst using the brush?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all I know, I unintentionally sing three bars of Yankee Doodle Dandy. It is, after all, unintentional. But I'll keep my eye on it. Thanks, Davescm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With it being next to the commonly used Z and Alt keys , it is easily done

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines