• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7: import HTMLHelp

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have cracked our skulls because of this one, and now we are afraid that this is just a really dumb question.

Simple scenario (and this also happens with other scenarios of course):

In RoboHelp 7 HTML:

1) create a new Microsoft HTML Help project
2) create Single Source Layout > Microsoft HTML Help
3) start HTML Help Studio (included in the Toolbox), and open and extract the CHM file
4) close the project
5) import Microsoft HTML Project

RoboHelp will prompt for a HHP (HTML Help Project) file. However, RoboHelp itself does not seem to create one, when inspecting the created CHM file (in Microsoft HTML Help, or after extracting it).

In contrast, we distinctly recall that at some point in time, we managed to import some HTMLHelp file succesfully (although the map keys did not make it, but that is alright).

What are we doing wrong? Can RoboHelp really not even import its own CHM files?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Immediately after submitting this topic, I realized:

We probably imported a HTMLHelp PROJECT succesfully. But we cannot import a HTMLHelp output file, and we probably never did.

I guess that I need to rephrase my previous question then:

Can RoboHelp import a CHM file? Obviously, this option does not appear in the list of Import options. But WinHelp output (HLP) is possible, in addition to WinHelp projects (HPJ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, Pet3689,

The project (.hhp) file isn't compiled into the help file unless you add it to the baggage, so it's not usually recoverable. However, the freeware utility KeyTools can generate a fairly close approximation of the .hhp file when you use it to decompile a help file, so that may be an option to look at.

http://www.keyworks.net/keytools.htm

And you may also want to read Peter Grainge's article on reverse-engineering HTML Help files.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/reverse_engineering/reverse_engineering.htm

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp