Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best exporting settings for clips from original footage

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day everyone,

I've been recently saving clips from Shadowplay Recordings because I want to have them for later use instead of having the whole recording take up my hard drive space. My question is, for the bitrate settings, should I export it at the total bitrate my recording was from Shadowplay and set a maximum to be just a little higher than the total bitrate of the recording so it has room for any high action frames? Or does it not matter what bitrate settings I set for the export of the clip(s)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may use CBR 1 pass with12bitrate which won't take all your HDD space, and will give you good quality,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I used VBR 2 pass with 35 target and 45 maximum as I really don't mind the clips being so big as long as they aren't as big as the original, longer recordings. I came out pretty well, but will try your method and compare quality!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not really mind of clips being even bigger then the original, then set the target bitrate 72 and maximum 78

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were to use those bitrate settings, what passage would you use? CBR 1 pass or VBR 1 pass or 2 pass?

Thanks for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful to know what resolution and frame rate we are even discussing here, makes a difference. Is the footage 1080p or 4K or what?

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am working with, all of my recordings come from Shadwoplay recordings at the moment, sometimes from OBS, but about the same bitrate all around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

vbr 2 pass

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines