• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt Description

Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest InDesign and latest Acrobat reader. I need to get some Alt Description into an existing pdf file. But I can't use InDesign or Acrobat reader DC to do this. Is there any way to do this, without having to purchase other software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I copy pdf content into InDesign and build it over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it comes to accessibility, You should not have to pay for the tools to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, please…that is complete nonsense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You disagree? When it comes to young children with special needs, the technology is out there. but it is way out of the affordability of the parents. I as a person with a disability and work in the disability community see this every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that these things should be accessible. I disagree that you’re somehow entitled to free tools. If the tools were free, what motive would anyone have to develop them?

You can subscribe to Acrobat on a month to month basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do. I have Dreamweaver, Lightroom, Photoshop, InDesign, acrobat reader DC, Yes you make a point. But to be able to add alt text is a tool. not a complete program. But I do thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add Alt text to images in InDesign, so if you already have paid for InDesugn, this faciity is, in a sense, free. Do you know how to add Alt text, or do you need help? That’s what these forums are for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't even mention what version of InDesign you're using.

Derek, the OP has an existing PDF, not an InDesign file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I now have downloaded reader DC and Indesign CC 2018. I however still have an old copy of Adobe Creative Suite 4. and it has Adobe Acrobat Pro 9. If I can load just load Adobe Acrobat Pro 9, I can do Alt text. I need to know one thing. There are 4 CDs in the package. what ones do I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines