Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Unable to validate node types since project ... is not associated with a server or the server is not started.

Level 4

I am getting this error which is described in one of the AEM tutorials

Getting Started with AEM Sites Part 2 - Creating a Base Page and Template

1409997_pastedImage_1.png

Unfortunately, the suggested fix does not work:

• First issue is, Eclipse does not allow removing Dynamic Web Module through the UI.

• Second issue is, if you forcibly remove it by editing /ui.apps/.settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml, the actual problem is still not solved.

Any other ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

The problem appears to be gone after the following updates are applied. The archetype has a lot of outdated references:

• maven-sling-plugin 2.2.0 -> 2.3.4
  • htl-maven-plugin 1.0.6 -> 1.1.2
  • maven-bundle-plugin 3.3.0 -> 3.5.0
  • Do not upgrade: content-package-maven-plugin - stay on 0.5.1, because 1.0.2 causes other problems
  • Eclipse Sling IDE Tools 1.1.0 -> 1.2.0
  • Eclipse Neon.3 vs Oxygen doesn't seem to matter

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Administrator

Checking this with internal expert!!

Kautuk Sahni

Employee Advisor

What version of Eclipse are you using? The fix was using Mars. I have never seen the Dynamic Web Module not able to be checked/unchecked in the Project Facets.

Also you might want to double-check that under Project Facets > AEM > the content sync root directory points the jcr_root directory ("src/main/content/jcr_root").  Here is the xml for the org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml if that helps to compare:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<faceted-project>

<fixed facet="wst.jsdt.web"/>

<installed facet="sling.content" version="1.0"/>

<installed facet="sightly" version="1.1"/>

<installed facet="java" version="1.7"/>

<installed facet="wst.jsdt.web" version="1.0"/>

</faceted-project>

Level 10

Looks like you are not using the correct version of Eclipse. I tested this on NEON - it works fine.

Level 10

I was able to successfully deploy using Eclipse NEON and the LazyBone article i specified above.

AEC.png

Level 10

Hi,

I have followed the same instructions given in the article: Getting Started with AEM Sites Part 2 - Creating a Base Page and Template  and it got worked for me many times.

However as Scott mentioned, please refer to the community HELPX article for the same for creating the project using Lazybones: Creating an Adobe Experience Manager project using Lazybones

Also, use latest eclipse version like Mars or Neon.

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 4

smacdonald2008​, thank you for your comment regarding "successfully deploy using Eclipse NEON and the LazyBone", unfortunately this is not the key issue for me. I want to be able to create JCR Nodes in Eclipse. The error occurs when you context-click on a folder within Eclipse and attempt to create a JCR Node, exactly as described in the tutorial, except that the solution from the tutorial does not work.

Level 4

Ratna Kumar​ thank you for your comments however please note the problem that I'm having is not with creating the project and deploying it, the issue specifically is inability to use "Create Node" within Eclipse. This is a developer productivity issue affecting our entire team, as it forces us to go into CRX/DE to create nodes and then import them back into Eclipse. The error is in our real project, but it's the same as shown in the tutorial.

Level 4

I verified the content sync points to src/main/content/jcr_root and org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml contains the same entries (except my Java version = 1.8).

Level 10

Setup the project - as described in the Lazybone article.

Then switch to AEM Perspective. THen you can click on a location in the JCR and add a new node:

AA1.png

I created a new node of type nt:folder

AA2.png

When i run Maven from Eclipse - the node is imported into AEM,

AA3.png

Try to re-install the AEM DEV tool in Neon eclipse. It works.

Correct answer by
Level 4

The problem appears to be gone after the following updates are applied. The archetype has a lot of outdated references:

• maven-sling-plugin 2.2.0 -> 2.3.4
  • htl-maven-plugin 1.0.6 -> 1.1.2
  • maven-bundle-plugin 3.3.0 -> 3.5.0
  • Do not upgrade: content-package-maven-plugin - stay on 0.5.1, because 1.0.2 causes other problems
  • Eclipse Sling IDE Tools 1.1.0 -> 1.2.0
  • Eclipse Neon.3 vs Oxygen doesn't seem to matter

Level 10

Thanks for posting this - i have asked the author of this doc to look at making possible updates based on your post.

Employee Advisor

alexr2​ to clarify, did updating those dependencies in WKND pom.xml fix the issue? Or were you experiencing this issue in your own project and updating those dependencies fixed it? You mention "the archetype has a lot outdated references" is that when creating a project using Lazybones or the using the Maven aem-project-archetype? Do you mind posting the relevant pom.xmls? Thanks!

Level 4

hi dgordon86​, we were experiencing this issue in our own project and updating the dependencies fixed it. The project was created by a colleague using the Maven aem-project-archetype version 12.

Here's the top-level pom.xml, the version which works fine: [XML] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- | Copyright 2015 Adobe Systems I - Pastebin.com