Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Open Premiere Pro Project on Another Computer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I was told to post about my issue here after Adobe Customer Support failed to help me in any way. (In fact, my experience with customer support was one of the worst I have had in the last couple of years - total disaster! And I know what I'm talking about: I worked in customer service myself for a while. Is there any place I can complain about the lack of support?)

The situation: I have a project on PC A, where it works without any issues. I want to transfer the project to PC B to continue working there. However, on PC B, the project cannot be opened ("The project could not be loaded it may be damaged or contain outdated elements."). I have tried various ways of transferring the project (using the Project Manager, copying the folder and used media manually etc.) - to no avail.

PC A is running Windows 7, PC B is running Windows 10. Both are using the most recent version of Premiere Pro version (12.0.1 Build 69).

Creating new projects on PC B works without any issues. I will gladly provide any addition information if needed!

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project on PC B and import the project into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob,

thank you for the suggestion. How long can the import take? I started it roughly an hour ago and it feels like nothing is happening (no progress on the progress bar and Premiere doesn't seem to use any noticeable resources when looking at the task manager). The project contains only a handful of video files, an audio track and some simple transitions.

Cheers,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't take that long.

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the preferences (and cleared the plugin cache, just in case). Unfortunately, nothing changed (opening the project still results in the same error message and importing doesn't seem to do anything).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are using the most recent version of Premiere Pro version (12.0.1 Build 69).

How exactly have you determined that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim_Simon  wrote

Both are using the most recent version of Premiere Pro version (12.0.1 Build 69).

How exactly have you determined that?

Good point, Jim.

I had a situation where the CC App said I had 12.0.1 when in actuality 12.0.0 was installed.  I had to do a repair install of the CC App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked Help --> About in Premiere Pro on both devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to narrow down the possibilities, create a very simple project on PC A and see if you can open that one on PC B.

Do you have any plugins? E.g. you may not have fully updated them on PC B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions!

Creating a new project and copying it works - I can open it on PC B.

I'm not using any plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Try Steps 2E and F below, one at a time.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both - unfortunately with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this post. Importing worked for me, when opening the project would not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2024, and this problem still exists? Come on, someone fix this already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start a new thread with all background info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines