Exit

Mobile site: email hotlink appears instead of page link

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Working in Muse CC2018 on MacBook Air

http://www.ropsleyvillage.co.uk/village-hall.html

An error happens on the Mobile version of this page: the drop down accordion menu opens an email when selecting any menu botton, rather than being able to select another page from the menu.

I can't see any mailto: link added to the menu or any other element on the 'Long Master' or the village Hall page.

The Menu remains in the top layer above other elements on the page

The same Master page is used in three other pages, yet ropsleyvillage.co.uk/village-hall. is the only page that has this error.

If anyone could offer advice, I can upload the zipped Muse site to Dropbox to help diagnosis.

Thank you

Grab1.jpegGrab2.jpeg

Grab3.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey HarryWhinney,

If I understand correctly, the accordion menu links on your site open up an email instead of the relevant menu page, correct?

However, they open fine at my end, you probably have to try clearing your phone browser's cache, and then it should work.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your replies.

I managed to fix it without understanding why - but forgot to post a reply.

I rearranged text email links, moving them much lower in layer 1 - the menu remains on layer 2 in the Master page.

All I can assume is that there was a conflict between the hotlinks as they were the highest elements on layer 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankushr is right. All working as expected here too.

The only thing, which irritates me: Is it on, purpose, that you are using system fonts in your menu? The will be necessarily converted to images during output. Why? Read my post 4 here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines