• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images for kung fu course website

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a free kung fu course website [Link removed] and on the first page I am loading 4-5 images (in a slideshow) to make the intro of the guide more "epic"...

The images are so big and I see a very slow loading time (more than 1 minute)... the question is: how can I optimize their parameters / formats / compressions with Photoshop CS6 to decrease their file size?

Thanks to all will reply to me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Use Image > Image Size, to reduce the pixel dimensions of the image to suit the size you need for your website (don't worry about resolution as it's irrelevant in the context), then File > Save As rename it so you don't overwrite your original image, and select JPG from the format drop-down menu and select the smallest JPG compression from Image Options, Quality, without you noticing any image deterioration, maybe around 6 to 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big are the images today in both megabytes and pixels? Please check each one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use Image > Image Size, to reduce the pixel dimensions of the image to suit the size you need for your website (don't worry about resolution as it's irrelevant in the context), then File > Save As rename it so you don't overwrite your original image, and select JPG from the format drop-down menu and select the smallest JPG compression from Image Options, Quality, without you noticing any image deterioration, maybe around 6 to 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines