Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'd appreciate some help. I'm using an iMac (Sierra) and I don't want the downloaded images going where they default. I can't find a path to redirect those downloads. I don't see anything is Sys Pref and LR offers nothing as far as I can discover. What am I missing. Many thanks...  Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What downloads are you referring to? Please be very specific, state the exact name of the Lightroom function that is doing this download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import from an SD card, the images go to Pictures   HD>LIbrary>User>Pictures. I want to redirect those to an external drive. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Import window look at the Destination section of the right hand panel. In the Destination section is where you change where the images are copied to when importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll save your advice and watch next time I have some images to import. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR offers nothing as far as I can discover.

Find the "Destination" panel in the Import dialog.

Watch Julianne Kost-

Lightroom CC - Importing Images From a Camera - YouTube

And more at- Lightroom Tutorials by Julieanne Kost

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines