• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobate 8 Professional Question when opening a PDF

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using Acrobat * professional, with MAC OS High Sierras. Yes, it does indeed seem to be working. However, I have a large number of PDF Scanned sheets of music. i never had a problem opening them before, with just Acrobat Reader. However, now that I have successfully installed the oder Acrobat *, i am constantly getting a message that the file could not be opened because it is from an unknown source. My solution is to go to the Apple system preferences, security, and choose open anyway. But that is cumbersome and now seems to happen even if i choose to open a PDF using Reader DC, rather than the default, Professional. Simply put, i want to be able to open any number of PDFs without having to go this cumbersome, one by one selection process. Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Considering that Apple purposely does not maintain OS/application compatibility, you are very lucky if you were able to install and run Acrobat 8 at all.

Acrobat 8, released in November 2006, was designed to install and run properly on MacOS 10.4 and probably continued to do so for several MacOS releases.

Adobe support for Acrobat 8 ended in November 2011.

No, you won't be seeing any Adobe updates to Acrobat 8 to support “security preferences” in MacOS 10.13.

Given the number of security updates as

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Apple and was told Adobe needs to update the security preferences and this will solve the problem. So...hopefully Adobe will do that..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Considering that Apple purposely does not maintain OS/application compatibility, you are very lucky if you were able to install and run Acrobat 8 at all.

Acrobat 8, released in November 2006, was designed to install and run properly on MacOS 10.4 and probably continued to do so for several MacOS releases.

Adobe support for Acrobat 8 ended in November 2011.

No, you won't be seeing any Adobe updates to Acrobat 8 to support “security preferences” in MacOS 10.13.

Given the number of security updates as well as product fixes in the last 6+ years, it would probably behoove you to update your copy of Acrobat.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines