• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open a new file Photoshop CC18

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error every time I open a new file.  it started completely random yesterday, I never had this issue before now. Nothing preceded it, no new installs etc.. Now there is no start screen either.

I've updated the software: only thing that changed is now I can open old files, before I couldn't.
I tried uninstalling then reinstalling, no change.

I am extremely frustrated that I cannot call or chat with someone directly to troubleshoot this issue.

screenshot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stormslegacy,

That's definitely not what should be happening, let us help make this right. As you're getting an error every-time you open a new file, could you please let us know which version of Photoshop are you using? and which operating system are you working on?

Also, could you please try updating the Graphics Card drivers from the manufacturer's website and see if that helps?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Few days ago I upgrade from one of the 2017 version to the latest

Adobe Photoshop: 19.1.3 20180323.r.293 2018/03/23: 1163761  x64

Windows 10 64 bity

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

Quadro 2000M/PCIe/SSE2

I have the latest version nvidia drivers

I can open new file only by using old interface "new file"

Regards

Krzysztof

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, the start workspace not showing and when I try to create a new file I get the blank screen you are having.

That is true for all my CC apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem - with the "File"- "New" screen not opening properly. This started with the last 19.1.5 release.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines