• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom classic crashes no error message any solutions

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom cc classic crashes even when i am not doing anything in it , i just have to have it open on my desktop. this program is brand new on my computer in dec 2017 and i am running windows 10 , i have spoken to tech support now for 8 hrs and several different people have remotely entered my computer to try and fix it anyone have any solutions? no one from adobe has had any luck getting it to stop crashing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing today's update v7.2?

Launch Creative Cloud and go to the Apps tab. If you also have Photoshop I recommend you update that first which will include the latest version of Camera Raw. Then update Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i have done the update , still crashes even with the program just being open on my computer and not touching anything, i may get an answer from adobe tech support tomorrow we will see. my wife wanted to buy this whole suite for 50 a month i said no way , she is so mad to we are paying for this and it has not worked properly from day 1. i am over madness now . i am at ridiculous why did i ever get involved with lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99.9999% of the time crashing is caused by some type of computer problem. Memory, heat, hard drive problems.

You can run LR on 2 different computers so install it on another computer and test. If it doesn't crash on the other computer then look at your hardware.

Could also be some other piece of software. Like your AV program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou for your help . but i dont need to use a program like lightroom classic that gives me such bad issues , no other program in my life or on my computers have caused me so much grief with crashing so i am not going to use lightroom anymore.

thanks gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is definitly not the case i am running a brand new version of windows 10 with a brand new ssd hard drive , my os was just reset back to factory and updated , all other programs run perfect on my computer except lightroom classic , tech support was remotely in my computer for about 4 hrs and they cant fix it either. I am running this program on a 2 yr old 4000 dollar computer. phase one , capture one runs perfect as well as all other creative cloud programs , just lightroom cc classic crashes every 5 to 30 min and i dont even have to be touching anything it just has to be open on my desktop and the crash box will appear. So nope it is nothing wrong with my computer . It is bad tech support not knowing how to fix it. they did make a valiant effort though and then gave up. I dont use lightroom anymore and would not recommend it to anyone either. that is my solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my graphic card drivers are completely up to date as well , adobe looked at them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines