• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN'T SAVE AS PNG OR JPG, ONLY SEE "COPY PSD" COPY BOX UNCHECKED...

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHEN I TRY TO SAVE AS A PNG, I SEE ONLY "COPY PSD". I CANNOT GET IT TO SAY PNG.  JUST TALKING TO SOMEONE FROM ADOBE CHAT WHO TRIED TO SAVE AS PNG AND JPG AND GOT THE SAME MESSAGE. HE SAID TO COME HERE AND AN 'EXPERT' WOULD ASSIST.

I HAVE TO WORK ON MY WEB SITE. I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS PROLEM FOR OVER A WEEK AND ... SOME PSD FILES FROM A MONTH OR A YEAR AGO WON'T EVEN OPEN SAYING THEY ARE NOT PHOTOSHOP FILES....

CS6 HIGH SIERRA. I WS TOLD THAT AT THIS TIME THEY ARE COMPAITBLE.

I NEED HELP.. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO EVEN KNOW WHAT IS WRONG, MUCH LESS FIX IT.  THEY GUY ON CHAT HAD NO CLUE WHY IT'S DOINT THAT EITHER.  I HAVE TWO SCREEN SHOTS IF ANYONE NEEDS TO SEE THEM.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE? I CANNOT AFFORD TO RENT PHOTOSHOP AT THIS TIME. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What is the bit depth of your document (Image > Mode) ?  32 bits/channel will not show jpeg or png options in Save As.
What pixel size is your document (Image > Image Size) ?  PNG has pixel size restrictions in Save As.

Dave

As an aside - please don't use capitals - it is considered shouting

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the caps. I apologize. It wasn't intended as shouting. At least here. They are for the most part 8 bits. Here are a couple of the screen shots. Same thing even when the 'save as copy' is unchecked. Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 12.43.16 PM.png

Image size is 500x500 pixels. Some a little larger and some smaller. I have been using PS since PS 3 and I have never had this problem. Everything fell apart when I upgraded to High Sierra. I even lost a folder of 90 magazine covers that I had shot over 25 years. Apple couldn't find them... but that's another story. Everything has gone down hill since High Sierra.

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 12.43.26 PM.png

The 'expert' from Adobe chat had no idea why or how to fix it. I am not a techie, I am a photographer... I only know  to do what I do.... I know some, but obviously not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Thanks for the screenshots. I can't that see you are doing anything wrong. I use windows and when I change the format to jpeg or png the file changes to ***.jpg   or ***.png also which is obviously not happening on those screenshots.

Hopefully a Mac user will be along shortly with advice.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, I hope so. This has been a nightmare... I'm not allowed to post on Photoshop Gurus any longer since I have the most bizarre things happen and they don't know what to do. They always say take it to Adobe. Then they said don't post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what software you use and how you are saving. My Photoshop Save as dialog looks nothing like the dialog you show and Export Save for web looks nothing like that either. The is what I see on Windows 10, CC 2018 for Save As.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason they are different is that I am on CS6. CC is out of my reach at the moment... I am also on a Mac running High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cs6 installed, but I use Windows 10 not a mac  what I see with CS6 on windows:

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the extension manually?  I mean clicking in the box and editing the file name to delete the word copy and change the extension to .jpg or .png.  As long as the format box says the format you want, it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen capture would help us see what Photoshop is showing you and we could see what you have been doing and see some information about you document to help us get ups past those capitals letters of your append.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue CS6 on a Mac running High Sierra also. Happened suddenly - was working just fine one day and the next I can no longer save as PNG, JPG, etc. only copy.PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's been awhile since the original post, but I had this same problem and this was the solution: If you are using Photoshop, you need to "flatten image" under layers. Right now it probably says "Layer 0" in the layers tab for the photo you are looking at but it needs to say "background" which means the image is flattened and more flexible for other file types.  I don't know why a png does this. Sometimes it can be a bit or color mode issue, but this fixed this particular problem.  Hope that works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines