• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After most recent update Photoshop CC crashes when I use the polar coordinates filter

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent update of Photoshop CC (19.1.0 release), I am not able to apply the polar coordinates filter to a photo. The program crashes and then forces a closure.  Never had this problem with previous versions of Photoshop CC.  I have used this filter many times.  What can I do to fix the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

This should be resolved in the update to Photoshop that is now available. Please open your Creative Cloud, update Photoshop and let us know how it goes!

Thanks

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just tried it on a couple of images without any issues.

Can you give some more details on the image mode, size etc and the exact steps you are using so I can try and replicate exactly

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I sent a crash report to adobe yesterday. Hopefully this will provide the needed information.  The file size was 31.38 MB.  The file is Tiff.  Image mode is RGB 16 bit.

Steps:

Highlight file of flower image in Lightroom CC, Edit in Photoshop CC

After file opens in Photoshop CC, goto Polar coordinates - First radio button on in popup screen - shows preview - then crashed during the conversion - forces shutdown of program.  I have tried 2 other images with the same result.

Jim Foy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.  Tried 3 different images, even shrinking one down to 1000x1000 and it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James

Anytime my Adobe apps start acting funny, I go through this process and it fixes it most of the time. I uninstall and reinstall BUT I make sure to choose the option “Yes, remove app preference” (image attached) when doing it.

Ps Uninstall.png

Once that process finishes, start the installation process and look into the “Advanced Options”. Uncheck “Import previous settings and preferences” and choose to “Remove old versions”. (image attached)

Ps Install.png

Hope you find this helpful!

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks.  I have a question - Are you recommending using the Adobe Creative Cloud App to manage the uninstall and install process? Or Windows?

Jim Foy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

Before uninstall/reinstall try the following:

Go to Preferences >General > Reset Preferences on Quit then restart Photoshop. That will reset your preferences.

Only if that does not work would I do an uninstall/reinstall and yes, I would use the desktop CC app to handle the process.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Just tried the reset preferences as per your comment and it worked.  The distortions filters are working.

Thanks.

Jim Foy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Since your helpful tip yesterday, I had the same problem today. Resetting my preferences on exit did not help.  I used the Adobe Cloud App to install Photoshop 2018 CC version 19.1.  No problems since then.

Jim Foy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

I also tried everything listed in this tread and for some reason Polar Coordinates is no longer working. I JUST used this over a week ago to render a tiny planet and it worked flawlessly. I updated Photoshop and now the feature is useless.. I deleted preferences and even uninstalled/reinstalled, deleted my system's cache, and refreshed the registry. Nothing works.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm

An update to last night's issues. So the Polar Coordinates works only if I switch my document from 16 bit to 8 bit. This has never been a problem before. I tested it today on my work computer, which is four years older than my home computer, a lot slower, and lacks a proper graphics card, and the same thing happened --16 bit crashes; 8 bit works. Both computers are running the latest version of Photoshop CC. I am beginning to think something might be buggy in Photoshop's latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just tried again and can get the crash with 16 bit images. (I thought I'd tried 16 bit when I tested earlier, but I can certainly get it to crash now). I have raised a bug report at the link below - you may wish to add your comments

Polar Co-ordinates Filter in Photoshop 19.1 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Though disappointing it isn't working for you either, it's a relief we all have the same problem. I thought I was going crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello! will I lose all of my actions en present installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I have not posted, have had some family issues.

1. tried clearing the prefs, rebooted, tried again, no joy.

2. uninstalled - removing prefs - rebooted, reinstalled (no prefs), still no joy

3. noticed twirl didnt work either.  Tried on multiple photos

4. gave up for now, didnt have time to mess with it.

hopefully, this is a bug they can fix and get it working again asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can anyone who experiences the problem please add comments (including your system details) to the bug report below:

Polar Co-ordinates Filter in Photoshop 19.1 | Photoshop Family Customer Community 

It will help Adobe narrow down the issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update.

Since I raised the bug report earlier, Adobe have confirmed they can reproduce the problem and are "actively working on a fix". For progress please go to the link in my last post.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be resolved in the update to Photoshop that is now available. Please open your Creative Cloud, update Photoshop and let us know how it goes!

Thanks

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hannah - confirmed as fixed here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Hannah and Dave,

Confirmed the newest Photoshop CC version works.  Thanks for your help.

Jim Foy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem after installing the most recent update.  My photoshop continues to crash when I try to use my imagenomic portraiture.  It would occasionally crash before update.  But now it crashes every few images I edit.  I have contacted support and unfortunately after a 2 hour wait on hold and a 1 hour conversation with someone...nothing has changed.  Where can I go to get more help?  I need it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If a 3rd part plug in crashes - the usual step would be to uninstall and re-install. If that does not help then contact the vendor of the plug in.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines