• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with one folder. Contains jpg and tf files

Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are all the same portrait image,  but they contain different developing processes, as color corrections, sharpening, etc.

They are all saved to same folder. Other folders give no problems.

The icons on all are normal. However, many of the tif images show something that looks like a "cut out" where all the background is missing and just the subject can be seen, as if there were a mask on the image, There is no mask on final layer. This occurs with latest Photoshop as well as any other app I can use to open tif files.

No other files are like this. The do appear normal when seen in Lightroom.

11,000 other images display normally in Photoshop, lightroom and any other app that will open tif files.

I am on iMac using Sierra. All apps are latest update.

Any suggestions? Help? Advice?

thanks

vince

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Please post meaningful screenshots – so an affected image open in Photoshop with all pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, …) and the folder window in Finder that displays the »faulty« icon.

Do the images have alpha channels?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post meaningful screenshots – so an affected image open in Photoshop with all pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, …) and the folder window in Finder that displays the »faulty« icon.

Do the images have alpha channels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as usual c. pfaffenbichler, you are correct.

Last night, lying in bed, I thought that an alpha might explain it. I would look today. I found that to be the explanation  since they were copies of the same image, all had an alpha channels that blocked the background.

I gave you "CORRECT ANSWER' because  you were first. 2 others also were spot on.

I NOTE D.A.R got it right , as well as a fellow Italian,  melissapiccone.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU MY PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED

Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing the files in the Finder in order to see the cutout effect?

Do the images have Alpha channels that correspond to what you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the tif files and look in the channels and paths and see what you find. As stated above, the image most likely has an alpha channel save in there.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines