Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player ActiveX on Windows Server 2012

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Installing Flash Player .]

my servers are not connected to the internet, can you send me the link where i can get the latest patch to remedy the exploit for flash player with active X? thank you

[moderator: edited title to more accurately reflect issue]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this for personal use, or distribution within your organization?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for apply to the win2k12 R2 servers.

i get this error because it is not connected to internet.

how can i update?

the installer works on w2k8 but not w2k12 servers.

also, when i uninstall the Flash, why is it still showing the exe  under the macromed folder? can i delete it? i ran the uninstall flash exe but still there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error is not because the machine is not connected to the internet.  The error is because as of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE (and Edge in Windows 10), and this includes Windows 2012 servers.  As such, the ActiveX installer will not work.  While Flash Player is embedded in Windows 2012, it is disabled.  You'll need to enable Desktop Experience to enable Flash Player in Windows Server 2012

the installer works on w2k8

Correct, it'll work on Windows Serve 2008 because ActiveX is not embedded in Internet Explorer on Server 2008

also, when i uninstall the Flash, why is it still showing the exe  under the macromed folder? can i delete it? i ran the uninstall flash exe but still there

Which Server version are you referring to?  2008 or 20012?  What files remain in the Macromed folder?  Please post a screenshot of the Macromed folder in question.  To take and post a screenshot see https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in windows 2012 R2, i first installed the flash 22 w/ activeX. then i uninstalled it. as you can see, there is NO more adobe flash under add/remove program

but still under the c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash,  the application still there, same as under the syswow64.

so can we safely deleted these folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, as you mentioned : As such, the ActiveX installer will not work.  While Flash Player is embedded in Windows 2012, it is disabled.  You'll need to enable Desktop Experience to enable Flash Player in Windows Server 2012

>>> does that mean in order to fix our mistake by installing the installer, we need to uninstall it, then enable it via the desktop experience, that way the updates will be provided by Microsoft?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug in a previous version of FP (appears to be the one you installed) where installation wasn't blocked on Windows 2012.  This has since been fixed (in both the EXE and MSI installers)

You can safely delete the files, by selecting them and right-click > delete, but the OCX file will not be deleted in this manner due to you not having permissions to delete it.  You should be able to go into the Security tab and modify the permissions/ownership to be able to delete it.

For your original question, to be sent a link to download the installers, since this is for enterprise use (not personal), please request a Flash Player distribution license (free for the vast majority of use cases) at Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe   Most requests are approved almost immediately, but can take 2-3 business days for you to receive the email with the link to the download page.  The email comes from noreply@adobe.com and has an encrypted PDF attachment.  Please ensure your spam filters and other email security measures your company may use (e.g. perimeter email scanners) are configured to not block the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH! i see! thank you so much!

i have user use the flash for their application that generates report,  i assume once i uninstalled this installer, delete the files, then install the desktop expereince (which comes with FLash) then will do the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Flash Player ActiveX, yes, since Microsoft embeds it in the browser on Windows Server, and all updates to Flash Player are released by Microsoft via Windows Updates.  The distribution license would be required if you need the Flash Player NPAPI plugin (for Firefox), Flash Player PPAPI (Chromium-based browsers), or Flash Player ActiveX for systems that do not embed Flash Player in IE (Windows 7 and below).

Sorry, for not being thorough in my previous reply.

When you enable Desktop Experience, the Flash Player ActiveX files will not have a version number in them, as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 9.53.18 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 9.53.09 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines