Exit

Unable to see pdf form after latest download

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd be grateful for your help.

I downloaded the latest Adobe version for my Mac from this site: Adobe - Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

However, I am still unable to get the (Canadian government) form.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Devanandb,

When you say that you are still not able to get the form does that means that the form is not opening with the Adobe Reader DC or not visible in DC?  What exactly happening when you are trying to open the form, whats the error message?

If the form downloaded locally, then make sure you have the Adobe Reader set up as default pdf viewer app.

If you have installed the application successfully, then reboot the computer once.

Or try through- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Let us know the result.

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for writing.

Yes, I am unable to open the form with the Adobe Reader DC.

I've installed the reader_download several times and re-started the (MAC desktop) computer but nothing happens.

When I try to access the (Canada government) form, I get the same message (shown in the attachement below).

Please help.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't open the form in a browser. Open it in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is not resident on any of my devices. It is available at a government website.

See:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0002e-2.pdf

Please note: I am not able to access any of their forms so I assume that the problem is with me and my computer, and not the government site.

Please wait - canada.ca<https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0002e-2.pdf>

www.canada.ca

Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Safari can't open this kind of forms. Save the form on a device and open it in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using Apple Safari; I am using Chrome.

How can I save the form on a device if it is not opening in the first place??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That website you gave is absolutely of no help - considering I approached Adobe Forum for help. Am VERY disappointed with your so-called 'help'.

For your info, after lots of research, I managed to solve the problem by copying the linked file to a device, then opening it with Adobe Reader. Wished you had suggested something clearly like this - instead of simply referring me to a general website on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did I refer a general website on Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what you had written:

Read this:

Download a file - Computer - Google Chrome Help<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.adobe.com%2Fexternal-link.jspa%3Furl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fsupport.google.com%252Fchrome%252Fanswer%252F95759%253Fco%253DGENIE.Platform%25253DDesktop%2526hl%253Den&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cc9f6a01124fc41d76caf08d573ae33c4%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636542114386609193&sdata=BjrM%2F3QHclK8Wz7RuZ%2BXbSkqXXsgsJinTDbHsil0ZMM%3D&reserved=0>

What were you hoping to achieve by referring to that site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you follow the link you will see this:

Bild63.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines