• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Short keys changed

Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the commands have changed such as Q for quick mask?

I see that you can add the commands in the command prefs. But you have to have an 'apple' command in front of the letter. It seems to clash with other commands.

I'm not sure why Adobe decided to do this. It's a bit of a pain. Seems like an unnecessary change to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Q command has not changed.  If other shortcut keys are not responding as they did previously, reset Tools and see if that solves the problem. What OS and version of PS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joolsd,

Check your tool set via Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Are you using the Photoshop Default set, or a modified set? Q is a default, but it can be modified.

You can check the Quick Mask shortcut by selecting Tools, and scrolling down to Toggle Standard/Quick Mask Modes.

~Barb

Screenshot 2018-02-14 07.50.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is set up like that but not working...Pressing Q on the keyboard. Photoshop Defaults are set.

In fact, Q works in Photoshop CC 2014 (still installed) . So it is a preference issue of some sort.  I really don't benefit much from the latest version of photoshop. LOLS From day to day use. I'd be quite happy with Photoshop from 10 years ago.

Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julian.

Let's start by resetting preferences. Save any custom shortcuts, brushes, etc first.

PS delete prefs.png

If that doesn't make a difference, completely shut down the computer, restart and only open Photoshop CC 2018 and test again.

Let us know the results.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap it worked. It killed everything obviously preference wise. Brushes, pixel, ruler prefs. But it's no big deal thank you.

Best regards

Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Joolsd, that's why I mentioned saving brushes first. But glad to hear that you are back on track.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines