• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Variable Data Sets as PDFs

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often work with variable data sets with thousands of lines of information. I love the Variable Data option in Photoshop, however; I don't understand why it only lets me export the data sets as PSDs. It doesn't give me the option to export them as a PDF.

This creates an extra step for me, having to convert the PSDs to PDFs, which takes a long time because of how many files it has to process.

Does anyone know if this will be added in the future? The fact that it's not already an option surprises me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Hello,

It's normal you can save only PSD file. Why?

Sometimes you have to adjust some texts, sometimes you have to change graphic and/or it's position

If you save as PSD file its easy to finally correct your image.

If you need to use PDF you can easily prepare action to convert your images to PDF - if you prepare Droplet - just drag your images over droplet icon in one step.

But if your drstination file is PDF you can also prepare variables (even the same data) and use it as a Data Merge in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It's normal you can save only PSD file. Why?

Sometimes you have to adjust some texts, sometimes you have to change graphic and/or it's position

If you save as PSD file its easy to finally correct your image.

If you need to use PDF you can easily prepare action to convert your images to PDF - if you prepare Droplet - just drag your images over droplet icon in one step.

But if your drstination file is PDF you can also prepare variables (even the same data) and use it as a Data Merge in InDesign. This way you can output PDF file as default (or inDesign)

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, okay. Thanks macpawel. I never thought of using InDesign. I'll try that next time I have a big project with variable data.

However, I don't need to adjust text/images/graphics on a majority of the variable data projects I work on; they are mostly unique codes that stay in the same position the whole time. Hence why I only need a PDF, and not a PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines