• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit a PDF created in LiveCycle Designer

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit a PDF that was created in LiveCycle Designer and I get a warning box that says:  "This form cannot be edited in Adobe Acrobat.  Please use Adobe LiveCycle Designer to edit this form."  I have the latest version of Acrobat Pro.  Is there something additional I need to install to edit this form?  Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you need LiveCycle Designer. This is not just a warning, you cannot edit this file in Adobe Acrobat. There are two different forms systems in the world of PDF: AcroForms are forms that you can create and edit in Adobe Acrobat, and XFA - or LiveCycle Designer - forms, which are created in LiveCycle Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please tell me how to get a trial of LiveCycle...I am a CC subscriber.

Please help me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are referring to LiveCycle Designer. As far as I know, there is no trial version. Back when it was bundled with Adobe Acrobat Pro, you could use it during the trial period, but now that it's unbundled, I am not aware of any way to do that anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your timely reply. I have a pdf form in which I need to replace a couple of links. When I try to edit them I get a pop-up that says I must use Livecycle Designer to edit the links.

So, as far as you are aware, I have to buy new software (in addition to the creative suite that I already rent) in order to edit links in a pdf??

And…I have to buy software that is no longer supported by Adobe (please see below)?

Thank you very much for your time,

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you email a screen shot? You can't. Please tell us what makes you believe LiveCycle Designer is no longer supported. Yes, you DO need it if the file was made with Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unfortunate that Adobe decided to remove LiveCycle Designer from the Acrobat Pro bundle. If you don't have access to an old version of Acrobat Pro (e.g. Acrobat Pro X), then you will either have to purchase new software (and learn how to use this new software), or pay somebody to make the edits for you.

BTW, if you tried to attach an image or some other element to your message, that did not work. Images can videos can be attached in the web interface, other files need to be uploaded and then linked to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl,

Please check out:

https://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this article " Planet PDF - Adobe LiveCycle Designer... moving forward "

If you want to convert an XFA form to an Acrobat form you do have one little workaround that can quickly do the job. Open Acrobat and select Create PDF From Web page. Click the Browse button in the Create PDF from Web Page dialog box and navigate to the location where your Designer form is located. Click Create and the form is converted to an Acrobat form. There are many problems with the conversion such as JavaScripts and code lost, field name problems, and more. But the form is editable in Acrobat and you can change the fields using the Acrobat Profesional form features. This may not be a solution for complex forms, but for simple forms conversion and a little editing can save you a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peeps! I have solved this: go to Organise pages>Extract> choose all pages, Extract all.  Open the Prepare Form menu and voila! all the fields will be there and ready to use AND you can create new fields. Just remember to save your new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The piece of information missing there is that LCD used to be bundled for free with Acrobat Pro, but not any more. You now need to purchase it separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that answered my question. Get us hooked and then come back to charge us. Thanks for the missing info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at the page. You need to know that LiveCycle is a large suite of different products, of which LiveCycle Designer is just one. What point on the page about support did you want to draw our attention to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m referring to this part-

“Core support for Adobe LiveCycle ES4 ends March 2018”—

So, you are saying that even though LiveCycle Designer is part of this suite it will still be supported?

Thx, jt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LiveCycle forms are old. Use AEM forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very grateful for your help.

This is the problem:

I have a very complex interactive form (pdf) that has 2 links that need to be updated. When I opened the form in Acrobat DC the prompt said that the form could only be edited in LiveCycle Designer.

I need to make a recommendation to my boss, who needs the links updated. If I tell him to buy this software so that I can update 2 links, what else can I do with the software that I can’t do with the rest of the suite?? Isn’t this the purpose of a trial version?

If this isn’t your job, I don’t expect you to take the time to answer all of this…but can you direct to another venue…I need to understand way more than I currently do.

Thank you, jt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no trial version of LiveCycle Designer.

How did you create the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you, I understand.

What I need to know now is whether or not I should recommend to my boss that he buy software in order to change 2 links—as I said before, I need to understand what else I can do with the software that cannot be done with the rest of the suite—I need to justify the purchase and I don’t have a robust enough understanding of the software—how can I get this info??

I apologize for my many questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the forum for LiveCycle Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did try the Livecycle forum—unfortunately the last entry was about 4 years ago—can you please refer me to an Adobe person who could explain the phase out of Livecycle and what that means in terms of the software I should tell my boss to buy in order to change 2 links in a pdf.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last entry was some minutes ago.

LiveCycle Designer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entry states that a “trial copy” of Livecycle Designer could not be installed—you just told me that trial versions did not exist—can you please refer me to a person that actually knows the software and can advise me as to what to purchase, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines