• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tip: Sorting topics by Build Tag prevents unwanted topics from being generated

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a tip that might help someone. (I'm using RoboHelp 7). I was so frustrated with some topics showing up that shouldn't have in my FlashHelp (it would have happened in WebHelp or any other output). I know that if a topic doesn't include a build tag, it will show up in the output. But when I ran the Conditional Build Tag report, some topics said "no tag" and with 500 topics, it was taking too long to find the problem (one problem was that the reports shows Content Build Tags, not just Topic Build Tags). (It would also be great it the report displayed the columns in a format where you could sort them like with the Transpose command in Excel).

I solved the problem of the wrong topics being generated by sorting the Topic List in RoboHelp and looking for topics that didn't have Build Tags.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gina

I'm not sure whether your post is seeking advice or if you are just posting your experiences. At any rate, after you sorted, surely you had to apply a tag to the formerly untagged topics in order to prevent them from appearing, no?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. I ultimately found the topics that didn't have build tags, then assigned a build tag to them. Then when I generated the FlashHelp, it worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now, for the rest of the story!

Sooo, to finish answering what I had asked, was your post simply intended to maybe help someone else down the line in case they encountered the same issue or were you seeking some sort of answer to explain some of it?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, her first statement was: "This is a tip that might help someone."

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
D'oh!

Just call me Homer....

Doooo nuts....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp