• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Dropped files CS6 (bad alignment)

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have two same pictures.
I first drag one to photoshop, and then I want to drag another one, the second picture is not aligned with the first one. It is embedded a little lower. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Before you drag in the second photo do a Select>All, then drag in the second photo.

Then maybe the alignment will be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are identical images, link the two layers in the Layers panel by Shift-clicking on the unhighlighted one.

Choose Edit > Auto-Align Layers...Auto...OK.

Then unlink the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this way, but that's not the point.
I want the photo immediately after the drag was well fitted, and did not go down below the working area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Are the two pictures the same exact same size and resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, these are exactly the same pictures called from one raw(cr2).I'm using photoshop cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding SHIFT while dragging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawelj,

If you have them both open in Photoshop, you can use "shift" to drag and drop it in. You can also use the Duplicate Layer function.

Hope you find this helpful,

-Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that dragging is the same as 'Place'.  I was going to suggest that you made sure Resize images During Place and perhaps also Always Create Smart Objects when Placing were turned on in Preferences > General, but your screen shot seems to indicate that they are already turned on.

That has me wondering because my images are always aligned centrally when I place or drag them.

Is the Canvas size the same as the image(s) you are dragging?  If not, does it have the same aspect ratio?  I have a feeling that might not be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos are indentical because they come from one cr2 file.

Unfortunately, holding the shift button does not work. Similarly, the options you have indicated. Maybe it's a program error?
Przechwytywanie.PNGThey differ only in the exposition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you drag in the second photo do a Select>All, then drag in the second photo.

Then maybe the alignment will be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you very much. It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines