• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7RIII: timestamp, rotate issues

Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LRCC 7.2, CR 10.2. When importing .arw files shot with A7RIII from SD card, it usually works fine, but occasionally (with this LR version and the previous one)  some images were not rotated properly (not a camera setting problem, because from the same shoot some verticals will be rotated and others not), and also metadata timestamp was off. I'd shoot a series of photos at one location, then a couple hours later at a second location. But after ingesting (and converting to DNG), the two sessions got intermingled, like a checkerboard; back and forth between the two sessions.

Checking timestamp, somehow that got changed...one shot from first session followed by shot from second session (a minute later), then next minute back to first session and so on.

Anyone heard of this, and know of any fixes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...a bit  more info: another issue that happened with this last import batch, is that many files were duplicated.

Also, I checked the original .arw files from the two SD cards used in this last import, and the timestamps are as they should be. I transferred those files to folders on my hard drive (bypassing LR), and viewed all photos in Bridge, and none of the issues are happening: sort by time working properly, rotate/orientation good, and no dupes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the "Sort:" set to in both the import dialog and in the Library module.

Make sure it is set to Capture Time in both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just double-checked: sort is set to "capture time" at import window and in library module. Also, the timestamps got changed, so definitely not a sorting issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you viewing this time Stamp change? In LR or the File Manager for your OS.

OS File Managers only show the date and time the file was Created On the Hard Drive.

Please post a screen shot of the Full Library module window with the metadata section expanded and one of the images selected in the Grid view that are showing this time change problem.

Have you checked the camera to make sure the date and time hasn't somehow been changed?

I know that if I leave my camera on when It is around my neck and resting against my clothing when I bring it up to my eye all my settings can be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Where are you viewing this time Stamp change?"

In Lightroom. See screenshots. This is the very first image from the session. It imported once, and again. Same image has different timestamp, as well as GPS and other camera exif data.

I checked "show in finder," and both images reference one/same .dng file. In other words, LR is showing two photos that both point to the same file.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 2.18.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 2.18.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any preset being applied at import?

This is very odd and haven't heard of it before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, really strange. I think this is why the rotation issue is happening as well--wrong metadata (some horizontals are vertical, and vice versa, but randomly, not consistently).

Yes, on import I apply a basic develop preset and also copyright metadata.

I imported the two cards into LR again, using copy instead of copy as DNG, and that resulted in no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a specific reason you are converting the DNG?

I did that for a while until one update to LR and ACR couldn't read DNG files created from Fuji RAF files. So I stopped. LR had no problem reading the native RAF RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, because it's the recommended archiving format; less proprietary. Bummer if DNG is broken in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the Stand Alone Adobe DNG converter program and see if you get the same problem. Yes it is one more step but might not cause the errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines