• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I able to install Acrobat DC onto a remote machine without buying additional licenses?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to install Adobe Acrobat DC onto a remote desktop (a VM running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard) for a client. This is a hosted environment. The client has already purchased five licenses for use on their company laptops and have registered these with Adobe. The client told me that (according to Adobe) a single Adobe license allows you to install the software onto two different machines without buying additional licenses (assuming that you're not logged into both at the same time).

How would I go about installing the software onto the remote machine so that all of the clients can switch back and forth between their company laptops and the remote computer and have access to Acrobat in both places? Each of them has a personal account that they need to log onto the remote computer which is separate from their Adobe ID or laptop login. Is there a way to install Acrobat DC onto the remote machine using their existing licenses? Or would they need to purchase more licenses?

Thank you.

Jim

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as a follow up, I want to stress that I am not trying to get out of buying more Adobe licenses. My client wants to do the right thing (and so do I) but, if we can legally just use the client's existing licenses without buying more, that would be great.

So, please help me with this request. I want to understand Adobe's licensing policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines