• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Adobe Reader 11

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 operating system.  Suddenly several weeks ago, I found that I could not open Adobe Reader 11.  Up until that moment, I had never, ever had an issue with the Reader.  Now, I can only open the Reader as an administrator and I have changed a dynamic to always open unprotected.  But, I cannot simply click on the icon and open the Reader. 

Assist please if someone can.

Thanks,

Bruce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

From the above information, if I understand correctly  the application has stopped launching? Or whenever you try to open, it doesn't launch with running as administrator?

As you are running Adobe Reader XI, have you installed in latest patch or updated the application recently? You can launch Adobe Reader XI>Help>Check for update. Or Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader 

have you tried updating it to the latest version Adobe Reader DC? Try installing this and see if that works smoothly for you- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your observation is only partially correct. It is true, I cannot launch the reader; period end of discussion. However, the only way that I can open it is to do so as the administrator.

The suggestion to download a patch or looking for updates via the help tab only yield a notice that Acrobat Reader 11 is no longer supported.

I have absolutely no interest in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Thanks and best regards,

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bruce,

The support for Adobe Reader 11 has ended. Kindly upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions.

To know more about Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, please visit Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Thanks

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines