• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bind Flash Form Element to CFC

Jan 15, 2009 Jan 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys.
I've been doing some work with flash forms, and I want to offer a feature that allows a person to enter a few peices of information, and retrieve their ID number out of our database. I am trying to do this without any page reloads, and have looked at Ajax, but I can't get flash and Ajax to play nice together. I've been doing some looking into binding CFC's to form fields, and it looks promising. So I tried making a CFDiv with what I thought was the proper binding, but it's always saying the elements are not found (cannot find the lastname, phone, zip, state). Also, I would like it only to run the lookup when they click the button. Attached is my broke code.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I found an answer to this. Using the guide from
http://www.asfusion.com/blog/entry/remoting-for-coldfusion-flash-forms
I was able to figure something out. If you are trying to build a flash form that pulls data without needing to reload, that's the way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compliments for finding the answer and thank you for telling us. At least one person considers answering questions on these forums to be professional developement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey Dan,
Thanks for the kind words.
While I'm on the topic of flash forms, does anyone know how you get the value of a drop down list in actionscript. Like I know you can get the value of a text input with Inputname.text, but what is the equivalent for a drop down? If anyone knows, let me know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation