• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my images disappear from Lightroom when I am off-line?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been I have having problems downloading raw files to Lightroom - I really want to use Lightroom 5, is this possible?

I have Lightroom classic CC downloaded raw files to this, then when I turn of the wifi I lose all of the files and prompted to sign in the to sync with photos - I DO NOT WANT MY PHOTOS KEPT ON NO CLOUD!!!!!

Can you help please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEF files from the D850 are not compatible with LR5. But you can batch convert to Adobe raw (DNG) using the free converter. The DNG files are backward compatible with all Adobe apps.

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac  | Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let me know WHY I have to be online to access photos in CC classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell me WHY I need to be online to access my photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t. Only during installation or update. You can work off-line for up to 90 days before adobe check subscription status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So could you let me know why 875 images disappear when I am off line and I have no internet where this computer lives, Ive had to move it to get this sorted, so what will happen after 90 days? thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are using Lr Classic or perhaps the new LrCC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Lightroom Classic CC forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you tell me what version of LR before the CC which will work with the Nikon d850 raw

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6.13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get this - from you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I am getting fed up with this now - I have had a Nikon D850 since Sept 17 and I have also been using LR from LR3. The info you are giving me does NOT work at all. I have paid in full for LRCC classic which I have just deleted and gone with your link to LR6.13 which you told me would support the d850 - It does NOT

I can not believe that a company like adobe can't get this right!!!!

So can we please start again and tell me how I can get raw images from my Nikon D850 onto LR, or just give me my money back and I will try somewhere else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link 99jon provided has a place to download Lr 6.14 which supports the D850. (so does 6.13)

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are NOT the "company". We are 'users' like you who like to help others with technical advice where we can. (This is a "Community" forum.)

I have paid in full for LRCC classic

Does this mean you subscribe?  Lr-Classic is only available by subscription to the Photography Plan (or full Creative Cloud subscription)

The last version of Lr-6  is version 6.14. You can Update to 6.14 in the link given by 99jon in Post#12 above.

you told me would support the d850 - It does NOT

Well Adobe believes it does. Classic 7.0 or Lr 6.13    See the support site:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

ScreenShot150.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I can tell you It does not work and also how can I delete images from where ever they are stored - as I just uninstalled the LR I had and clicked on you link once again, then all of my images reappeared. your link does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry - I thought I was talking with adobe, so NOT taking out my frustrations on you guys.

Think I will get in touch with Nikon as I have tried this twice now and still no luck, so glad I didn't get rid of the d800e.

Thank you for your help, now I know who you are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you absolutely positive you are using Lightroom-CC CLASSIC ?

Show us a screen-clip from the Menu   Help > System Info...

The 'new' Lightroom-CC  is a "Cloud only" program that stores all files in the Cloud.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate your help and will come back tomorrow as a bit late now. thanks and once again sorry for the confusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines