• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Engine not Working

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I had a new version of Photoshop CS6 downloaded remotely by an Adobe technician from an Adobe Facility in India.  I have a desktop computer and Windows 10. Today, I tried using the text tool for the first time and was unable to type. This is the message:  "Could not complete your request because something prevented the text engine from being initialized". Based on the Adobe video resolutions for fixing this problem, I deleted the preferences but this did not work. I also tried swapping the Text Engine to East Asian, then back to Middle Eastern as advised on a Forum thread and this didn’t work either. Can anyone figure this out, as I don't know what to do and there are no other suggestions?

PS I did not load any new fonts that caused the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these suggestions for a start.

Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5

This specific to Windows 8.1 and 10, so might be a better fit

Text Engine error using type tool in Photoshop CC in Windows 8

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for your suggestions. Most of them apply to CC, but I have CS6. As mentioned above, this is a brand new download installed remotely by an Adobe technician a week ago. I have not loaded anything else into the program and  can't use the type tool at all. As to the recommendations, I really don't know what to delete since I don't have the CC version. When you suggested "Choose Type > Font Preview Size, I can't find Font Preview anywhere including Preferences in CS6 so it must be in the CC version. There must be some direct way of initializing the Type Tool. If not, I will have to reopen my case with Adobe and have their technicians figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines