Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem after update reader to 2018.011.20036

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

after update if i open my protect document ask password and not open.

I haven't password.

If i unistall and reinstall old version work fine.

How can do for solve the problem?

Raffaele

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 2015, Acrobat 2017 and…

Please try it out an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rspadar,

If the document is secured with a password, it is not possible to open the file without the password.

As you can open the file in the older version without a password, then it seems there is no password set on that file.

As you have mentioned that the same file does not open in the latest version and ask for a password, is it an issue with this particular file?

Did you try to replicate the issue with other files?

Is it possible to share the file with us so we can check it on our end?

If yes, please use the steps mentioned here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud to share the file.

Also, let us know the OS version installed on your system.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS is Windows 10 Pro

The file is generated by a portal and has only the protections for printing.

He finds it below:

File condivisi - Acrobat.com

Raffaele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, with every single PDF file in our database (approvals sent to clients). The PDF files are generated with a password for editing, but not reading, printing etc. Now every file created the last 10 years require a password for opening, and the password for editing does not work.

A colleague running version 2018.009.20050 is able to open the files without being asked for a password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open the file with Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want open with Google Chrome.

Raffaele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then install a old version of Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that I can install an old version! I wrote on the forum to see if the problem was already known.

Raf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raf/Henrik, I too am having this exact same problem. I just opened a new thread but should probably be combined with this one due to it being the same problem.

Do you think this could be related to bug fix 4223361 that was part of this latest release (see the security section) that has gone wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest everyone who has this problem report it immediately. Multiple reports are useful because it shows the scope of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Please report using Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are investigating the same at our end and will confirm once a solution has been identified.

Regards,

-ashu mittal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu Mittal,

Many client are started escalation on the same issue. Could you please share the  plan/date for this fix. So that we can communicate this our clients

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Fix for the issue has been identified and will be officially released within next few days. Will confirm once available.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 20...

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashu,

Awesome. Its Works !!! . Perfect

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines