• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lastest update LR 7.2

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new update has slowed down the Develop modules to a crawl.  Takes upwards of a minute just to change photos in the filmstrip.  Very slow in almost all functions of the Develop module and has problems changing from one module to another.  Sync is incredibly slow and is not syncing properly (removing all the edits on the first selected).  In other words, although this update provides some much sought after additions, the performance hit is extreme.  Can anyone help out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

I think I solved the problem. I followed the thread that Trevor.Dennis pointed me to.

I made sure that Windows 10 was up to date. Than went into the preference and did not change anything and restarted Photoshop. That seem to help.to some extent.

I was also having problems with Lightroom Classic CC after the update with it freezing up. I went to this linked

(https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html)

and I followed the instruction towards the end for the Nividia Graphics card. In

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your computer specs? Have you tried disabling GPU support? Sorry to hear of your disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 with plenty of RAM and GPU acceleration turned off  because of my older video card.  Up until this update, everything ran fine, but now it is like at a snails pace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define "plenty of RAM". How much free disk space. You didn't really share the specs of your computer. Can't give any suggestions based on what you shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2 TB hard drive with less than 700GB used. Here are my specs:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, your computer should handle Lightroom just fine. I have an older HP computer. My motherboard will only accommodate 8 GB RAM. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 because it was a free upgrade. For some reason I haven't experienced any real performance issues. I don't have a graphics card, just onboard graphics. Have you tried resetting your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not too willing to reset my Preferences mainly 'cause I can't remember them all.  Could be my graphics card as it is old..I wasn't able to upgrade to Windows 10 because of the graphics card.  Now I am finding most everything totally unsatisfactory and I hope they can fix it.  Maybe they just want everyone to buy a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have absolutely no connection with Adobe. I don't know anyone who works for them. But I think you're being a bit unrealistic expecting them to fix the problem specific to your computer. There are so many different computer configurations out there that (I think) it's impossible to pinpoint every little anomaly that creates a problem. Those of us who are running older machines and sometimes with older operating systems are walking on thin ice. If we don't do everything we can to improve our chances of having better performance, then I suppose we will have to put up with what we get. Personally, I think resetting your preferences could help. But then, again, it might not. I know it's frustrating. I wish you luck. Maybe someone else will have more suggestions for you. I'm sorry that I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.  Sorry for the vent, but it is frustrationg especially when it worked so well before.  Even when it downloaded, I had problems with it running until I shut it off and restarted it a couple of times.  Maybe someone from Adobe will know a simple fix I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. This update has totally crippled my workflow on LR!!! If it doesn't get fixed very quick, my real estate photography production is going to come to a standstill. I'm using Windows 10 and have plenty of RAM and very high speed engineering capable Dell workstation. My program has been working fine until I just did this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem. I can not switch between images in the film strip in the Develop module or in the library module and i can not even send over to Photoshop.

I thought adobe was to fix these problems. Why do they release such awful updates.

I am runing Windows 10 64 bit with 32 gigs of ram. I also have a GeForce GTX 980 TI graphic card with the latest updates.

I need a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I solved the problem. I followed the thread that Trevor.Dennis pointed me to.

I made sure that Windows 10 was up to date. Than went into the preference and did not change anything and restarted Photoshop. That seem to help.to some extent.

I was also having problems with Lightroom Classic CC after the update with it freezing up. I went to this linked

(https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html)

and I followed the instruction towards the end for the Nividia Graphics card. In the Nividia Control Panel under Manage 3 D settings, program settings, Lightroom.exe I changed the setting Optimize for compute performance to on.

In the preference panel I double check that the graphic processor was checked and restarted Lightroom. I than proceeded to process a couple of picture as a test as I would normally do and everything worked. I than right clicked and click on edit in Photoshop 2018. I went though my normal editing procedure and everything seems to work as it did before.

I can post more info if needed as made snapshots of what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issues. Going even further, I've found that while the photos are there, the metadata isn't loading. Switching modules is taking forever, and attempting to export causes an error I've never seen before (something along the lines of "!:0: internal error nil value") Which I assume is related to the metadata not loading, since some of my recent photos have duplicate or incorrect file names.

These are new problems I haven't experienced until the recent 7.2 update. As for specs, I'm running a Windows 10 laptop with 16GB of RAM and a i7-7700 processor with an Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics card. It's less than a year old, so there should be no shortage there.

This really is causing a problem because I have a rush turnaround job that these issues are preventing me from finishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PartiallyCylon​ and roncastle​,

Have both of you tried what worked for joeneu​ in response #11 and alanofoto​ in response #13​?

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, what fixed it for me was deleting the "corrupted" files from the disk, and reloading them from my cards (fortunately, I hadn't formatted them yet). Lightroom runs perfectly fine now, though I'm not sure what caused the issue to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I'm not really sure it will help but if you have sync enabled, you can try to disable it and restart LR.

LR 7.2 reads and calculates hashes for image files in catalog in the background while sync is enabled. If you have large catalog it can take time and is slowing things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A request has been made for a staff member to look at this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And, oddly enough, just as it wouldn't/couldn't work, after a couple of times of restarting my machine Lightroom has been performing flawlessly ever since.  I did not do anything special except switch on and off the CPU usage.  That's it and now it is working fine.  Thanks everyone for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines