• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elements 12 crashing

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had elements 12 since it came out and has worked great but within the past year it's been crashing at least twice for every 100 photos I edit. My MacBook pro has the upgraded RAM and memory and has never had an issue before about last year. It's now starting to really annoy me! Is it me or is it because the program is old or what? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac OS high sierra version 10.13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 (for the past 2years) and Photoshop Elements 12. Elements keeps crashing every 20-30mins no matter what I am working on in the Organizer. It never used to crash however  I noticed it started crashing soon after the issue of the Google Maps connection was resolved late last year. Anyone got any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where on the device manager would I find details on the video card and graphics driver please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use device manager for that.

You can find out what video card and driver you have with this free utility:

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Then go directly to your video card manufacturer's site for drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you - I've downloaded Speccy as suggested and realised that I obtained the latest upgrade to NVIDIA GeForce GT 705 yesterday. PE is still crashing, any further suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try installing an older driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines