• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2018 Layer selection doesn't work properly. It ignores some layers

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bumped into this problem while was working with huge amounts of layers. I had one big shape-layer, then created a ton of smaller shapes as clipping masks. It went well until autosellect stopped working on most of those clipping mask layers so i couldn't just click on one shape to change it's color, for example. It selected the lowest layer, that main layer with big shape. I tried to turn off autoselection and used ctrl+click but still, clicking on upper layer made the lowest layer selected. After the long fighting with this, I figured out - that happened because some of those clipping layers were hidden. All layers which are upper the hidden layer in clipping mask tree - won't be selected other way than manually in layers window. That's a big problem, it's annoying and doesn't let to work fast. Does anyone know how to fix it at all?

For now, I just have to delete my hidden layers and hope that I will not regret of losing them.

111.png

All those layers Shape117, Shape119, Shape122 and upper - can't be auto selected or be selected with move tool+ctrl+click, untill you unhide layer "Shape 116" or delete it. It always selects layer "Shape 114"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

submitted a bug thread here auto select layer bug | Photoshop Family Customer Community

if you want to get on the "me too" train so it gets visibility

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work-around you could

• set the Layer’s Opacity to 0% or

• apply a Hide All-Layer Mask to it

instead of hiding it,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

submitted a bug thread here auto select layer bug | Photoshop Family Customer Community

if you want to get on the "me too" train so it gets visibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines