• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share Feature needs Outlook for Mac OS

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I did when opening the new Photoshop was check out my options in Share, but was dismayed that Outlook was not in the list of methods. Looked in Preferences to see if I could edit the list and was disappointed. Will you please allow the users to modify the Sharing list to the apps that they actually use at work? The very minimum let us select which Mail program we use.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

I found this on an apple support thread, it works in Safari.

Open Mail app (the Mac one), go to preferences, and in General change 'Default mail reader' to Microsoft Outlook. In other apps, the sharemenu may still show the Mail app icon, but in selecting it, it will open outlook to create the email for sharing whatever it is you want to share.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to submit a request via the request form, see link below. this forum is just for answering questions like "how to do this?" " I have this issue, how do i fix that".. stuff like that.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for you feedback.

The new sharing functionality in Photoshop CC 2018 leverages the native OSX sharing system.

You can customize this from System Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu. If Outlook does not show up as a share target, then the issue is that Microsoft Outlook does not support native OSX sharing.

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, wasn't the answer I wanted but I understand where you're coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature request for Outlook  Share Extension on the Microsoft site.

Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions) – Got an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this on an apple support thread, it works in Safari.

Open Mail app (the Mac one), go to preferences, and in General change 'Default mail reader' to Microsoft Outlook. In other apps, the sharemenu may still show the Mail app icon, but in selecting it, it will open outlook to create the email for sharing whatever it is you want to share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the 'correct answer'. The result is Mail is greyed out in the share options menu. Therefore still cant be shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same issue. I was able to share via outlook prior to the most recent Mac OS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines